Money Men Empsom & Dudley Arrested
Richard Empson and Edmund Dudley, the ministers of Henry VIII responsible for raising money for the king, were arrested because of their fundraising practices and were charged with treason.
John Fisher Preached Funeral Sermon
9 May 1509
Henry VII's burial took place the following day at Westminster Abbey.
Henry VIII Married to Brothers Widow Catherine
11 June 1509
Henry VIII married the widow of his brother Arthur, Catherine of Aragon, daughter of King Ferdinand of Aragon
and Isabella I of Castile.
24 June 1509
In a joint ceremony at Westminster Abbey, Henry and Catherine were anointed and crowned and then moved on to Westminster Hall for a feast 'more honourable than of the great Caesar'.
Archbishop Bainbridge Ambassador to Rome
24 September 1514
William Warham signed the commission to appoint Christopher Bainbridge ambassador, proctor and agent in the
Court of Rome in relation to all business of the king and his subjects.
Thomas Wolsey is King's Almoner
5 November 1509
Master Thomas Wolsey, the king's almoner. Grant in augmentation of royal alms, of all the goods of felons de se, and all deodands in England.
- Table of Contents
Subscribe / Login
Royal Progress of 1535 so far Index
- Windsor to Reading Abbey Henrican Special
- Reading Abbey to Ewelme Henrican Special
- Ewelme to Abingdon Henrican Special
- Abingdon to King John's Palace Henrican Special
- King John's Palace to Winchcombe Henrican Special
- Winchcombe to Tewkesbury Henrican Special
- Gloucester, the Back Story
- Painswick and Miserden Park
- Gloucester to Leonard Stanley
- Leonard Stanley to Berkeley Castle
- Royal Progress Berkeley Castle
- Berkley Castle to Thornbury Castle
- Gloucestershire Members of Parliament
- Lincolnshire Members of Parliament
- 3 Constits Template
- PDF TEST
- Royal Progress of 1535 so far Index >