Ferdinand of Aragon Died – Charles Ruled Spain
23 January 1516
Catherine of Aragon's father died. Aragon and Castile were untied into one kingdom – Spain – and Charles became the king through his living mother Juana the Mad.
An Heir is Born to Henry & Catherine
18 February 1516
Catherine gives birth to a girl named Mary after Henry's sister. She is the future Queen Mary I of England
Leonardo da Vinci
Moved to Amboise to be close to the royal court of France.
Commissioned by Francis I to negotiate with Pope Leo X, Giovanni di Lorenzo de' Medici, on the terms of the Concordat of Bologna.
Claude Crowned Queen of France
Claude’s coronation took place at St Denis, France.
Marguerite of Angoulême
By October and probably before that time Anne Boleyn has made the acquaintance of Marguerite de Angoulême and it is likely she entered her service.
Appointed Bishop of Meaux
Concordat of Bologna Signed
- Table of Contents
Subscribe / Login
Royal Progress of 1535 so far Index
- Windsor to Reading Abbey Henrican Special
- Reading Abbey to Ewelme Henrican Special
- Ewelme to Abingdon Henrican Special
- Abingdon to King John's Palace Henrican Special
- King John's Palace to Winchcombe Henrican Special
- Winchcombe to Tewkesbury Henrican Special
- Gloucester, the Back Story
- Painswick and Miserden Park
- Gloucester to Leonard Stanley
- Leonard Stanley to Berkeley Castle
- Royal Progress Berkeley Castle
- Berkley Castle to Thornbury Castle
- Gloucestershire Members of Parliament
- Lincolnshire Members of Parliament
- 3 Constits Template
- PDF TEST
- Royal Progress of 1535 so far Index >