Henry VIII,the Reign
24 February 1530
Over ten years after being elected, Charles V was eventually crowned in Bologna by Pope Clement VII.
Charles V calls for an Imperial Diet to meet in Augsburg on 8 April.
Cranmer at European Universities
Early in the year Thomas Cranmer is busy seeking the opinions of universities across Europe regarding the annulment.
Pope Summons Henry VIII
Pope Clement VII, Giulio di Giuliano de’ Medici, called Henry to Rome to pass judgement on his marriage to Catherine and forbade him to marry Anne Boleyn on pain of excommunication.
Diet of Augsburg
8 April 1530
Diet of Augsburg began.
Wolsey to York
Wolsey leaves London for York.
Petition to the Pope
Signed around 12 June 1530.
Eighty-one nobles signed a letter to Pope Clement VIII asking him to grant an annulment.
June 25, 1530
The Augsburg Confession, also known as the ‘Augustana’ from its Latin name, Confessio Augustana, is the primary confession of faith of the Lutheran Church and one of the most important documents of the Lutheran Reformation. The Augsburg Confession was written in both German and Latin and was presented by a number of German rulers and free cities at the Diet of Augsburg on 25 June 1530. The Holy Roman Emperor Charles V had called on the Princes and Free Territories in Germany to explain their religious convictions in an attempt to restore religious and political unity in the Holy Roman Empire and to rally support against the Turkish invasion. It is the fourth document contained in the Lutheran Book of Concord.
Collectanea Satis Copiosa Presented to Henry
This collection of historical documents, written to prove that sovereigns of England were not subordinate to any authority, including the pope, other than that of God, is presented to Henry. He seemed pleased with it and a copy annotated by him is held in the British Library.
14 November 1530
Wolsey arrested and charged with high treason.
29 November 1530
Cardinal Wolsey died in Leicester on 29 November while returning to London to face charges of treason.
- Table of Contents
Subscribe / Login
Royal Progress of 1535 so far Index
- Windsor to Reading Abbey Henrican Special
- Reading Abbey to Ewelme Henrican Special
- Ewelme to Abingdon Henrican Special
- Abingdon to King John's Palace Henrican Special
- King John's Palace to Winchcombe Henrican Special
- Winchcombe to Tewkesbury Henrican Special
- Gloucester, the Back Story
- Painswick and Miserden Park
- Gloucester to Leonard Stanley
- Leonard Stanley to Berkeley Castle
- Royal Progress Berkeley Castle
- Berkley Castle to Thornbury Castle
- Gloucestershire Members of Parliament
- Lincolnshire Members of Parliament
- 3 Constits Template
- PDF TEST
- Royal Progress of 1535 so far Index >