Henry VIII,the Reign
Henry Agrees to Discussions with Germans
2 January 1538
Henry replies to the Germans and agrees to a continuation of their discussions and that he will send an embassy; he requests a return embassy of learned men 'with sufficient power or authority' to conclude an alliance without delay.
Reginald Pole on the Council
7 January 1538
Reginald Pole appointed to the commission of cardinals preparing a general council.
8 May 1538
Leading English reformer Bishop Edward Foxe is dead, aged forty-two.
German Ambassadors Arrive without Melanchthon
27 May 1538
Ambassadors Georg von Boineburg, from Hesse, Franx Burchard, Friedrich Mykoniusand and Bernhard Mila from Saxony (but not Melachthon) arrive in London.
The ambassadors replied that if Henry was willing to accept the League’s religious principles and defend them at a (general) council, Melanchthon would be sent with the next embassy.
Burchard Met Cromwell
1 June 1538
Burchard met with Cromwell at Westminster then Cranmer at Lambeth. They both give him encouragement about the forthcoming meeting with Henry.
- Table of Contents
Subscribe / Login
Royal Progress of 1535 so far Index
- Windsor to Reading Abbey Henrican Special
- Reading Abbey to Ewelme Henrican Special
- Ewelme to Abingdon Henrican Special
- Abingdon to King John's Palace Henrican Special
- King John's Palace to Winchcombe Henrican Special
- Winchcombe to Tewkesbury Henrican Special
- Gloucester, the Back Story
- Painswick and Miserden Park
- Gloucester to Leonard Stanley
- Leonard Stanley to Berkeley Castle
- Royal Progress Berkeley Castle
- Berkley Castle to Thornbury Castle
- Gloucestershire Members of Parliament
- Lincolnshire Members of Parliament
- 3 Constits Template
- PDF TEST
- Royal Progress of 1535 so far Index >